BOOKS FOR MOTHERS AND CHILDREN READING PROGRAM
Your generosity means so much to a child who, through no fault of their own, is suffering through a difficult time of separation. Their mother reads the book on video and then sends the book and video to the child. The program offers reassurance to the child who can see and hear their mother as they share a story together.
Once again, ACIC (Anglican Churches in Cambridge) are collecting books for the “Read Aloud Program” at GVI. The most needed books are:
* Age 3 and under: “board books”
* Any Dr. Seuss or Robert Munsch books
* Age 8 and up, especially teenage. For example:
– Harry Potter
– The new style “graphic novels”
– The “Bone” series
– Andrea Beatty “girls’ career books”
Please have books into the church on or before Sunday, April 7th where they will be blessed before being delivered to the Chaplain at GVI.
Thank you for your continuing support of the program!